What to do if you paid the wrong amount BTW - Nalog.nl BV
Home Knowledge base Corporate Banking What to do if you start to ...

Private individuals

School holidays 2024-2025 Tax relief for working people (Arbeidskorting) How to calculate tax on Box 3 tax return Tax deductions for gifts and charity General tax relief (algemene heffingskorting) Calculate your medical reimbursement threshold Local (municipal) taxes Deduction for medical expenses (aftrek zorgkosten) 2023 Combined Tax Credit for Parents of Children Under 12 (IACK) Do you have to pay tax if you rent out a room in your house? Opgaaf wereldinkomen - Worldwide income statement Weekends and holidays 2024 Minimum wage 2024 How to notify the tax office about your bank account number yourself? My tax return has been in the tax office for a long time, but there is no answer. What to do? Instructions: How to apply for a subsidy at Nalog.nl Holiday rules in the Netherlands Taxation of foreign income in the Netherlands Tax return. Form M Letters with machtigingen from the tax What is jaaropgaaf What is a Zvw contribution? Instructions: How to file a tax return Tax deductions for mortgages and maintenance of your own home How to save on utility bills in the Netherlands (subsidies for improved thermal insulation) About the fare. Receipts and discounts (VIDEO) I want to help: Charity and taxes Box 3 / Box 3 - a book with a description of all webinars Advance calculation (voorlopige aanslag) - an option for those who want to pay taxes or receive tax deductions not at once, but on a monthly basis Fiscal partners Top 9 Tax Return Questions Answered Property transfer tax - basics and innovations from 2021 Health insurance in the Netherlands (part 2) Health insurance in the Netherlands (part 1) "30% ruling" and conditions for its receipt Registration of inheritance and gifts Additional maternity leave What is allowed and what is forbidden to import into the Netherlands Taxes on imported goods How to provide a foreign account number to the tax office Airport Tax Refund (Schiphol) How to get a grace period for filing your tax return The main types of taxes in the Netherlands Dutch taxpayer Where do I go with my problem?

What to do if you paid the wrong BTW amount


It may happen that you have overpaid or underpaid BTW - don’t worry, it’s okay, you can change your tax return and adjust the amount. And this is done electronically. To do this, you will need to find the 'Suppletie Omzetbelasting' form.

Such changes can be made not only for the current year, but also for the past five years. You can change your declaration as soon as you notice an inaccuracy. But you can do this at the end of the year when submitting the annual report. After making the changes, you will receive what you did not receive from the tax office or you will have to pay something if you paid less earlier.

Where can I find a form for changing the BTW amount?

To do this, you need to go to your personal account "Mijn Belastingdienst Zakelijk" on the tax website or on the old portal. You can get there by following the links to this page.

Changes can be made both for a certain period and for the whole year. In the first case, you enter data only for this period, in the second case, for the entire year.

What data need to be entered?

First, of course, the updated BTW data, but also the data that has remained the same.

Important! Enter the total amount of your previous tax return in the "Saldo al aangegeven bedrag over dit suppletietijdvak" field (Balance of the amount already claimed for this preparation period). Because only in this case the tax office will be able to quickly and correctly process your changes.

If, as a result of your correction, you must receive or pay an additional 1000 euros or less, you do not have to submit a separate correction, but take these changes into account in the next declaration. This can also be done not only for the current year, but also for the past five years.

If you are using the kleineondernemersregeling rule, you will have different BTW change rules. You must file a correction after the end of the reporting year if:

  • Used preliminary tax cuts in their tax returns during the year
  • You have not used the prior tax cut during the year, but you are eligible

(Dan moet u na afloop van het jaar een correctie indienen als u:

  • in de loop van het jaar voorlopige verminderingen in uw aangiften hebt toegepast
  • in de loop van het jaar geen voorlopige verminderingen hebt toegepast, maar wel recht hebt op een vermindering)

How to make changes

Enter the amount payable or received on your tax return for the last tax period of the relevant year. Enter the amount in the field “Vraag 5d – Vermindering volgens de kleineondernemersregeling”.

If you have already submitted your return in the last period, please use the Suppletie omzetbelasting form. You can find it in your entrepreneur's personal account in the section "Overige formulieren" (other forms).

logo nalog

Several of our topics

You can find more topics on our home page or on the menu.

logo nalog

What do you think of this site? *

The purpose of your appeal?

Do not enter any personal information such as name, social security number, or phone number. We do not respond to questions, comments and complaints that come through this form.