How to notify the tax office about your bank account number yourself? - BV
Home Knowledge base Private individuals How to notify the tax office about...

Private individuals

School holidays 2024-2025 Tax relief for working people (Arbeidskorting) How to calculate tax on Box 3 tax return Tax deductions for gifts and charity General tax relief (algemene heffingskorting) Calculate your medical reimbursement threshold Local (municipal) taxes Deduction for medical expenses (aftrek zorgkosten) 2023 Combined Tax Credit for Parents of Children Under 12 (IACK) Do you have to pay tax if you rent out a room in your house? Opgaaf wereldinkomen - Worldwide income statement Weekends and holidays 2024 Minimum wage 2024 How to notify the tax office about your bank account number yourself? My tax return has been in the tax office for a long time, but there is no answer. What to do? Instructions: How to apply for a subsidy at Holiday rules in the Netherlands Taxation of foreign income in the Netherlands Tax return. Form M Letters with machtigingen from the tax What is jaaropgaaf What is a Zvw contribution? Instructions: How to file a tax return Tax deductions for mortgages and maintenance of your own home How to save on utility bills in the Netherlands (subsidies for improved thermal insulation) About the fare. Receipts and discounts (VIDEO) I want to help: Charity and taxes Box 3 / Box 3 - a book with a description of all webinars Advance calculation (voorlopige aanslag) - an option for those who want to pay taxes or receive tax deductions not at once, but on a monthly basis Fiscal partners Top 9 Tax Return Questions Answered Property transfer tax - basics and innovations from 2021 Health insurance in the Netherlands (part 2) Health insurance in the Netherlands (part 1) "30% ruling" and conditions for its receipt Registration of inheritance and gifts Additional maternity leave What is allowed and what is forbidden to import into the Netherlands Taxes on imported goods How to provide a foreign account number to the tax office Airport Tax Refund (Schiphol) How to get a grace period for filing your tax return The main types of taxes in the Netherlands Dutch taxpayer Where do I go with my problem?

How to notify the tax office about your bank account number yourself?


Approximately three months after filing the tax return, the taxpayer receives a letter from the tax authorities (Belastingdienst) about their decision. If you are entitled to a tax refund, you must provide your bank number to transfer the money. You can order this service on the website and be sure that everything will be done correctly. If you decide to provide your account number to Belastingdienst yourself, we will tell you how to do this.

Attention! You only need to provide your bank account number to the tax office if you have not provided it with this number before.

You can check if Belastingdienst knows your bank account on the tax authorities website. If the number is unknown or has changed, use the same link to enter the new or correct Dutch bank account number. If you want to receive money to a foreign account, click here and follow further instructions. To work with the Belastingdienst website you need to register and log in, all instructions can be found find by reference. To register on the site you will need DigiD number

Attention! The foreign account number must be linked to your Dutch BSN. To link your BSN to your account, contact your bank.

You must notify the IRS of your account number within four weeks of receiving your tax return decision letter. If you do not do this, you will be sent a reminder. If you do not provide your account number within two weeks after the reminder, the tax office will simply forget about you, and it will become more difficult to receive the money.

logo nalog

Several of our topics

You can find more topics on our home page or on the menu.

logo nalog

What do you think of this site? *

The purpose of your appeal?

Do not enter any personal information such as name, social security number, or phone number. We do not respond to questions, comments and complaints that come through this form.