Tax Registration Plan for Employers - BV
Home Knowledge base Corporate Banking Tax registration plan ...

Private individuals

School holidays 2024-2025 Tax relief for working people (Arbeidskorting) How to calculate tax on Box 3 tax return Tax deductions for gifts and charity General tax relief (algemene heffingskorting) Calculate your medical reimbursement threshold Local (municipal) taxes Deduction for medical expenses (aftrek zorgkosten) 2023 Combined Tax Credit for Parents of Children Under 12 (IACK) Do you have to pay tax if you rent out a room in your house? Opgaaf wereldinkomen - Worldwide income statement Weekends and holidays 2024 Minimum wage 2024 How to notify the tax office about your bank account number yourself? My tax return has been in the tax office for a long time, but there is no answer. What to do? Instructions: How to apply for a subsidy at Holiday rules in the Netherlands Taxation of foreign income in the Netherlands Tax return. Form M Letters with machtigingen from the tax What is jaaropgaaf What is a Zvw contribution? Instructions: How to file a tax return Tax deductions for mortgages and maintenance of your own home How to save on utility bills in the Netherlands (subsidies for improved thermal insulation) About the fare. Receipts and discounts (VIDEO) I want to help: Charity and taxes Box 3 / Box 3 - a book with a description of all webinars Advance calculation (voorlopige aanslag) - an option for those who want to pay taxes or receive tax deductions not at once, but on a monthly basis Fiscal partners Top 9 Tax Return Questions Answered Property transfer tax - basics and innovations from 2021 Health insurance in the Netherlands (part 2) Health insurance in the Netherlands (part 1) "30% ruling" and conditions for its receipt Registration of inheritance and gifts Additional maternity leave What is allowed and what is forbidden to import into the Netherlands Taxes on imported goods How to provide a foreign account number to the tax office Airport Tax Refund (Schiphol) How to get a grace period for filing your tax return The main types of taxes in the Netherlands Dutch taxpayer Where do I go with my problem?

Tax registration plan for employers


When you decide to hire staff, you must, as an employer, withhold payroll taxes from your employees' salaries. You will face this obligation as soon as you first hire someone. You will have to pay the withheld money to the tax authorities; in order to do this, you need a separate registration and employer tax number. Read below how to do this.

If, when registering your company, you already know that you are going to hire someone to work, indicate this immediately when registering with the Chamber of Commerce (KvK), and they will already inform the tax office about you.

In this case, your registration as an employer will require the following steps:

  1. Registration in the commercial register.

After registering with the Chamber of Commerce, your company will be added to the Commercial Register. The registration process may differ depending on the legal form you choose.

  1. Filling out the tax form.

To be more precise, there are two forms with which you can inform the tax office that you are starting a business and will hire personnel. These are the forms: “preparation for joint registration” (Voorbereiding Gemeenschappelijke Inschrijving) and "tax reporting on employer registration" (Melding Loonheffingen Aanmelding Werkever).

  1. Filling out a form for children working with you.

If you plan to employ your minor children, please also fill out the form “Notice of Payroll Tax for Working Children” (Melding Loonheffingen Werkgever van meewerkende kinderen). The IRS regards this in some cases as a special employment relationship, in which case you can use a simplified payroll tax scheme. So, for example, you can declare payroll taxes once a year (as opposed to the usual once a month).

  1. Meeting at the Chamber of Commerce.

Make an appointment at the Chamber of Commerce. Please bring your completed forms to this meeting. Registration takes place during this meeting.

  1. Obtaining an employer's tax number (loonheffingennummer).

Wait until you receive your special payroll tax identification number (loonheffingennummer) by mail. You will need it for filing your payroll tax returns. In addition, you will receive a letter stating the reporting period for which you will have to file your return (four weeks or a month).

  1. Payment of contributions

You will also receive a differential contribution letter to the Werkhervattingskas (Whk). This is the contribution that each employer pays to the UWV under the Partly Able Workers Act (WGA) and Sickness Benefits Act (ZW). The amount depends on your company's disability risk. If you are working on a franchise, this fee is less.

Pay attention!

Steps 1 through 4 will be different if you are registering a BV with staff. With this legal form, a notary will register you with the Chamber of Commerce and the tax office.

What if you decide to hire staff for an already operating (registered) company?

In this case, you must report this to the tax office by submitting a special form, namely the form "tax reporting on registration of the employer" (Melding Loonheffingen Aanmelding Werkgever). And then everything is the same: a form for children who work with you, obtaining an employer's tax number and actually starting the filing of wage declarations and paying payroll tax.

Pay attention!

Once you register as an employer, you must file your payroll tax return on time. This should be done even if you have not hired anyone yet, but are only planning.


logo nalog

Several of our topics

You can find more topics on our home page or on the menu.

logo nalog

What do you think of this site? *

The purpose of your appeal?

Do not enter any personal information such as name, social security number, or phone number. We do not respond to questions, comments and complaints that come through this form.