What does an O-document look like? - Nalog.nl B.V.
Home Knowledge base Migration What does an O-document look like?

Private individuals

School holidays 2024-2025 Tax relief for working people (Arbeidskorting) How to calculate tax on Box 3 tax return Tax deductions for gifts and charity General tax relief (algemene heffingskorting) Calculate your medical reimbursement threshold Local (municipal) taxes Deduction for medical expenses (aftrek zorgkosten) 2023 Combined Tax Credit for Parents of Children Under 12 (IACK) Do you have to pay tax if you rent out a room in your house? Opgaaf wereldinkomen - Worldwide income statement Weekends and holidays 2024 Minimum wage 2024 How to notify the tax office about your bank account number yourself? My tax return has been in the tax office for a long time, but there is no answer. What to do? Instructions: How to apply for a subsidy at Nalog.nl Holiday rules in the Netherlands Taxation of foreign income in the Netherlands Tax return. Form M Letters with machtigingen from the tax What is jaaropgaaf What is a Zvw contribution? Instructions: How to file a tax return Tax deductions for mortgages and maintenance of your own home How to save on utility bills in the Netherlands (subsidies for improved thermal insulation) About the fare. Receipts and discounts (VIDEO) I want to help: Charity and taxes Box 3 / Box 3 - a book with a description of all webinars Advance calculation (voorlopige aanslag) - an option for those who want to pay taxes or receive tax deductions not at once, but on a monthly basis Fiscal partners Top 9 Tax Return Questions Answered Property transfer tax - basics and innovations from 2021 Health insurance in the Netherlands (part 2) Health insurance in the Netherlands (part 1) "30% ruling" and conditions for its receipt Registration of inheritance and gifts Additional maternity leave What is allowed and what is forbidden to import into the Netherlands Taxes on imported goods How to provide a foreign account number to the tax office Airport Tax Refund (Schiphol) How to get a grace period for filing your tax return The main types of taxes in the Netherlands Dutch taxpayer Where do I go with my problem?

What does an O-document look like?


Part of the displaced persons from Ukraine who are subject to the EU Directive on Temporary Protection (Richtlijn Tijdelijke Bescherming - RTB), to confirm their right to stay in the Netherlands, the Migration Service issues a plastic card - O-document. In particular, the O-document is received by persons without Ukrainian citizenship, but with the right to RTB (family members of Ukrainians, people with permanent residence in Ukraine, and so on).

Alien ID Type O

This document is intended for persons who fled the war from Ukraine (Oekraïne) and received temporary protection in the Netherlands. This document confirms:

  • personality,
  • citizenship,
  • legal residence in the Netherlands.
Important! Individuals with an O-document can work in the Netherlands. For this, the employer does not need a special work permit (tewerkstellingsvergunning - TWV). However, the O-document is not a residence permit, and it is not a travel document.

You can read about other types of foreigner's identity card here.

What information does an O-document contain?

On the front side:

  1. Last name and first name,
  2. Citizenship,
  3. Document type: O
  4. Document Number,
  5. Date of Birth,
  6. Place of Birth.

On the other side:

  1. Document Number,
  2. V-number: the foreigner's number, which was indicated in the letters from the IND,
  3. Until what date is the document valid?
  4. Reason for being in the Netherlands and proof of employment eligibility.

Pay attention!

  • You are allowed to reside in the Netherlands as long as your card is valid. If you apply for temporary protection in another European Union country, your temporary protection in the Netherlands will end.
  • You cannot travel (cross the border) with your card because the O-document is not a travel document. However, take your O-document with you when you travel: showing it at the border will show that you have temporary protection in the Netherlands.
  • If your card has been lost, stolen or damaged, if the details are incorrect, you must apply for a new card at ind.nl. However, in case of loss or theft, you must first inform the police (file a report).
  • If you had a child while living in the Netherlands, you must register your child with the local municipality (gemeente). You also need to submit form M35-J to the IND: you can find this form on the page https://ind.nl/en/ukraine.
  • If you are leaving the Netherlands, please notify your municipality so that you can be de-registered. The municipality will notify the cancellation of your IND registration.
logo nalog

Several of our topics

You can find more topics on our home page or on the menu.

logo nalog

What do you think of this site? *

The purpose of your appeal?

Do not enter any personal information such as name, social security number, or phone number. We do not respond to questions, comments and complaints that come through this form.