Residence permit for a parent of a minor child

Residence permit for the parent (s) of a Dutch minor child

A parent living in the Netherlands without a residence permit can obtain a residence permit through their child who is a Dutch citizen.

Grounds for obtaining a residence permit by a parent of a Dutch minor child

  • You are the parent (or foster parent) of a Dutch minor child.
  • Your Dutch child is under 18 years old.
  • You are not a threat to public order.
  • You do not have the citizenship of an EU / EEA country or Switzerland.
  • You do not have the right to legally reside in an EU / EEA member state (including the Netherlands) or Switzerland.
  • You prove your identity and nationality with a valid passport or other travel document. If you do not have them, you can present other documents that unambiguously confirm your identity and nationality.
  • You are performing actual tasks of caring for and / or raising a child (possibly with another parent).
  • The child is so dependent on you that if you do not obtain a residence permit, the child has no choice but to leave the territory of the European Union with you.
  • Your Dutch child lives in the Netherlands. This means that your child is registered in the municipal database of personal records (BRP) of the municipality in which he lives. will be happy to assist you in applying for this type of residence permit. In order to apply for a residence permit, please fill out this form.

  • Hidden
  • ✓ Valid number ✕ Invalid number
  • Fill in if available. If you don't know what it is, don't fill it out.
  • Drop files here or
    Accepted file types: jpg, jpeg, png, pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, Max. file size: 120 MB.
    • This field is for validation and Purposes Should Be UNCHANGED left.
    logo nalog

    Several of our topics

    You can find more topics on our home page or on the menu.

    logo nalog

    What do you think of this site? *

    The purpose of your appeal?

    Do not enter any personal information such as name, social security number, or phone number. We do not respond to questions, comments and complaints that come through this form.